Saturday, February 20, 2010

Can Marshmallows Go Bad?

As part of my research for finding (or creating) a job that isn't too stressful, pays okay, and is fun, I decided to try my hand at making Rice Krispie treats (Who knows...maybe I'm suppose to be the Duff Goldman of the buttery-marhmallowy-Rice Krispie world?!?!) Anyway, I decided to make some "Salted Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats" since I had most of the ingredients already in my house. Unfortunately, they weren't the freshest or most exact ingredients ever...slightly past the "use by date" mini marshmallows, mostly crispy Rice Krispies, and table salt instead of sea salt. I did run into some problems melting the marshmallows, but the end result actually tasted yummy, especially the ones I put chocolate chips on! I can't wait to try making them again...after I hit the grocery store, that is! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment