Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summertime Good Intentions

I have so many good intentions this summer...to read, cook, write, blog, travel, nap, hang out with friends, watch movies, go to festivals, decorate our apartment, go to happy hours...anything to help me forget about the trying year I had teaching third grade. Other, slightly more complex goals include trying to figure out what I want to do instead of teaching, how to get out of debt and someday afford a house, and how to get in shape and stay that way.

I think I've been doing a good job of balancing being productive this summer and enjoying not being productive. (Oh the joy of not setting the alarm clock!) Unfortunately I'm starting to realize that my summer is half over, and I need to focus a little if I want to cross a few more things off my list.

This is exactly why I finally got myself to an aerobic class today. I huffed and puffed my way though class and was so inspired by this act of healthiness that I came home, showered, and made a tasty dinner of whole wheat pasta with a doctored-up store bought red sauce (think fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, and zucchini) with a side of roasted cauliflower, onions, and mushrooms.

Hopefully it won't take me so long to get back onto the gym again... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment