Saturday, July 25, 2009

Skinny Clothes

I recently went through two boxes of what I often refer to as my "skinny clothes." These clothes have not seen the light of day since we moved into our apartment about three years ago. I still like most of these clothes, but due to a sudden reduction of storage space in our apartment (we got rid of our bed stilts), I decided it was time to purge some of the boxes usually stored under the bed.

It didn't take long for me to go through the two boxes of once beloved, smaller-sized clothes...corduroy skirts, hoochie tops, logo embellished t-shirts, you name it, I had it.

In the end I kept a few things, including four pairs of skinny jeans. At 5'2", it's worth keeping pants a few sizes too small if they are the right length. (My waist can get smaller, but my legs won't get any longer!) I also kept what I consider the cutest and hippest clothes (although I don't know how they can still be considered hip three-plus years off the assembly line!).

I thought going through my skinny clothes would be depressing, but it felt good to get rid of some of the excess "things' in our place. Also, this purging of clothes was like a walk down memory lane..."I remember when I wore those red, velvet pants out dancing," and "Oh, I think I wore that t-shirt on our road trip to Yellowstone." I knew Baldy (from www.baldyugm.blogspot.com) would go through my Goodwill-bound clothes and snag up a few of the gems and make them her own, further easing any hesitation I had with getting rid of these clothes.

In the end I put all the clothes I was keeping into one small box and found a spot for it on my closet shelf. Instead of feeling sad, I felt almost enthused; looking forward to the day I would be wearing them again. With working out four days a week this summer, I'm hoping that by the time the school bells start ringing in September, I'll be fitting into at least a few of my keepers.
I'll keep you posted on that! :)

PT

No comments:

Post a Comment